MAINTAINING YOUR HAIR
When maintaining your Sugaplums Hair Collection hair, remember the following:
- Always be gentle with your washing process (Being heavy-handed when co-washing your hair can cause your hair to matte.) If you are experiencing tangling, it normally means your hair is dry or your hair has heavy product build up.
- Do not use products with alcohol included, for this will dry your hair out (Please see recommended products below)
- Always co-wash (conditioner-wash) your hair before installing it.
- Co-wash your hair at least once to twice a week. If your hair feels heavy or oily, this means it is time for a fresh wash. Constant wash=Constant hair flow
- Squeeze out excess water and allow hair to air dry. Blow drying your hair will only damage the hair. If you need to blow dry your hair, please blow dry your hair on cool settings.
- Always comb hair with a wide tooth comb or paddle brush.
- Begin combing small sections at the ends, working up towards the scalp/weft, especially when dealing with curly/wavy textures!
- Avoid using heavy products in your hair. This will weigh the hair down.
- Never go to sleep on wet hair. Make sure your hair is completely dry before going to bed to avoid tangling and matting and for the sake of your health as well.
- Sleep on a satin/silk pillow case or with a satin/silk cap or scarf. We recommend our Silk Satin Bonnets for longevity.
Prior to going to bed, we recommend that you maintain your hair with quick protective styles that will prolong the life of your hair. Here are a few examples of protective styles:
Wrapping your hair
Braiding your hair
Plaiting your hair, pin curling
Using flexi-rods on your hair
This prevents washing your hair earlier than needed.
CURLY HAIR MAINTENANCE
Our team strongly recommends conditioner ONLY.
Detangle your hair from end to root carefully before washing to avoid unnecessary shedding and tangling.
Our team recommends using a wide tooth comb/paddle brush
No dryer is needed. Air Dry for the best results.
Braid or twist your hair EVERY NIGHT with oil or a curl cream to prevent tangling.
PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND
- Silicon Mix Conditioner
- One ‘n Only Argon Oil Oil Treatment *Highly recommended*
- Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner (Recommended for curly hair)
- Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioner Cream
- Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner
- Organix Nourishing Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist *Highly Recommended*
- TRESemme Moisture Rich Conditioner *High Recommended*